You are here:
Home > Microfilming Center
1261 Superior Avenue, 2nd Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114
Monday through Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- The Mission of the Cuyahoga County Microfilming Center (CCMC) is to assist county agencies and other governmental entities in their quest to save funds, reduce storage space and increase efficiency of operation by scanning stored agency documents and converting the images to digital and microfilm storage and retrieval systems, thereby eliminating the need to retain the paper and boxes in expensive and often inaccessible locations.
- Founded in December, 2008, the CCMC has the authority to enter into contracts and agreements with a wide variety of governmental units throughout Northeastern Ohio (and state‐wide if practical) for the purpose of providing microfilming or image processing services.By statute, no office of Cuyahoga County government may purchase, lease, operate, or contract for the use of any microfilming or other image processing equipment, software, or services without the prior approval of the CCMC.
- The CCMC, inheriting a system established by the County Recorder’s Office over 11 years ago,has established a cost‐effective system for back‐scanning, indexing and filming of documents and their eventual removal from the Records Retention Schedules.
- This system’s procedures include:
- Organizing for transportation to scanning area
- Preparation of files/docs for scanning
- Scanning of documents
- Indexing & verification of files, if required
- Processing of data to digital images and film backup
- Assistance with modifying and updating current retention schedules
- Secure removal and/or destruction of processed documents
- Consulting services on in‐house, day‐forward scanning & document management
Standards for Transferring Documents to Microfilming Center
Microfilming Center Power Point Presentation of Services
- Using these services the Cuyahoga County Microfilming Center has been able to assist agencies in eliminating large amounts of paper files, creating backup microfilm for disaster recovery purposes, and providing digital images for faster in‐office retrieval of information.