You are here:
Home > Real Estate Services > Transfer & Conveyance Procedures
Transfer & Conveyance Procedures
Information Hotline: (216) 443-7020
Transfer and Conveyance Fees
- For the transfer or entry of land, lot or part of lot, $.50 for each transfer.
- For receiving Statement of Value & Receipt (DTE FORM 100) revised 12/98 and administrating O.R.C. 319.202 the sum of $4.00 per $1000.00 or $.40 per $100.00 for each $100.00 or fraction there of the value of real property.
Below are listed the steps to record any document that conveys an interest in real property located in Cuyahoga County.
(Forms DTE FORM 100, revised 05/11and the DTE FROM 100(EX) revised 08/12 are available to the public at the Conveyance Counter, Room 315, of the Cuyahoga County Administration Building, 1219 Ontario, Cleveland, Ohio.)
- Present the document at Window # 1 in Room 315 so that the staff of the Cuyahoga County Engineer can approve the legal description of the parcel being conveyed and endorse the same with an Engineers stamp. NOTE: You will need your prior deed of record to present to the Engineer if your legal description is not a straight sublot listing. If you do not have your original deed or a copy of your deed you can obtain a copy from the Recorders office, Room 310.
- Present documents and appropriate DTE form to Area #2 of the Fiscal Officer's Conveyance Counter. Pay all fees due to the cashier by cash, certified check or money order. (No personal checks are accepted from public.)
Only fully completed DTE FORM 100 revised 05/11 and DTE FORM (EX) revised 09/12 will be accepted by the Fiscal Officer's office.
- Proceed to Recorders office, Room 315 to file your document.
Please request a Change of Mailing Address Form whenever necessary so that you will continue to receive Fiscal Officer's mailings including reappraisal information by contacting the Transfer & Conveyance department directly at (216) 443-7089 or call our Hotline at (216) 443-7020 with any inquiries relating to the Real Estate Services Department.
NOTE: Click here to get the Requests for Change of Mailing Address Form and mail it to the Fiscal Officer's Office at the address shown on said form.
Click here to view the Transfer and Conveyance Standards